SCHEDULE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Registration – Salon Ballroom Foyer
7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast Buffet
8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. – Opening Remarks for Congressional Pharmacy Summit – Salon Ballroom
- U.S. Representative Doug Collins (R-Ga.)
- Bill Osborn, PharmD, NCPA President
- Doug Hoey, RPh, MBA, NCPA Chief Executive Officer
9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Legislative Briefing – Salon Ballroom
NCPA Advocacy Center staff will provide an update on NCPA advocacy efforts on behalf of independent pharmacies, including efforts to stop the unfair practices of pharmacy benefit managers such as DIR fees, and protect and expand patient access to community pharmacy services. The session will include a discussion of the congressional agenda for 2019 and how NCPA will continue to work on industry priorities to preserve the ability of independent pharmacies to serve their communities.
- Karry La Violette, NCPA Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Advocacy Center Director
- Anne Cassity, NCPA Vice President of Federal and State Government Affairs
- Ronna Hauser, PharmD, NCPA Vice President of Pharmacy Policy and Regulatory Affairs
10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Break
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – CMS Medicaid Pharmacy Program Update – Salon Ballroom
With ongoing changes to Medicaid pharmacy programs at the state level its more important than ever to make sure you are up to speed on policy changes that impact you and your patients. Hear directly from an expert at CMS on Medicaid fee for service program updates, NADAC, state plan amendment process, and Medicaid managed care accountability and oversight.
- John Coster, PhD, RPh, Director, Division of Pharmacy, Center for Medicaid & CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – HHS Address – Salon Ballroom
- U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex M. Azar
12:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Hill Visits
Shuttle Buses depart
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – NCPA Capitol Hill Member Lounge – Cannon House Office Building – 5C (this room is directly next to room 509)
Hill packet pick up.
5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Congressional Reception – Rayburn House Office Building Cafeteria – 2063
7:15 p.m. – Shuttle Buses depart Capitol Hill to Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Shuttle bus pick up.
Thursday, April 11, 2019
7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Registration – Salon Ballroom Foyer
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – NCPA Sal D’Angelo PAC Breakfast – Salon Ballroom
- U.S. Representative Peter Welch (D-Vt.)
9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. – Congressional Staff Briefing – Salon Ballroom
Key Congressional staff will provide an update on the agenda for the upcoming year. These staffers from the committees of jurisdiction will offer their insights on healthcare, Medicare, and drug pricing legislation that Congress is considering. This session will discuss what the new House Democratic majority plans to accomplish and what might be able to get done on a bipartisan basis with Senate Republicans.
- Adam Harbison, NCPA Director of Congressional Affairs
- Jacquelyn Bolen, Health Counsel, Committee on Energy & Commerce
- Brett Baker, Senior Health Policy Advisor, Committee on Finance
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Hill Visits
Shuttle Buses depart (Note: There are no return buses to the Hilton. We cannot guarantee you will be able to get into the Capitol Complex with your luggage. We suggest leaving your bags with the hotel concierge, or you may leave them at NCPA Headquarters as long as they are picked up by 5:30 p.m.)
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – NCPA Capitol Hill Member Lounge – Longworth House Office Building – 1540A
Hill packet pick up.
Note: All events at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, unless otherwise noted.